Sign The Petition
To Legislative Assembly of Ontario:
• Whereas The Ontario Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) has fallen behind the majority of Canada with the least amount of workplaces covered.
• Whereas twenty four (24) per cent of the workforce representing over 1.7 million workers is not covered under the Workplace Safety & Insurance Act (WSIA) making them the most vulnerable.
• According several studies commissioned by the WSIB and OCEU, if all industry sectors and workers are covered, the system would be better funded and able to extend more services to help injured workers while reducing cost for employers and government.
• WSIB coverage should be expanded because 100% of Ontario’s workers deserve no fault compensation for workplace injuries, illnesses and fatalities.
• Therefore be it resolved that the Ontario Government will enact legislation to provide WSIB coverage for all workplaces.